Who Should Volunteer?
- Students in need of service hours;
- Retirees who like to stay active and involved;
- Anyone thinking about a career in the medical field;
- Boy Scout or Girl Scout troops looking for projects;
- Dog lovers who want to share their furry friends with others all make excellent volunteers; and
- College student applying to therapy, nursing or graduate medical programs (the more volunteer hours they have in a medical setting the better).
What Can Volunteers Do?
- If you have musical talents to share or just want to sit with a resident and listen to their story, we can use your help.
- You could help with Bingo or take a resident outside for some fresh air.
- Read to someone who loved to read and no longer can see well enough or play a game of checkers.
Even an hour a week can make a difference. You will treasure your time volunteering and our residents will treasure you.
Please email Ruth Boyd, Activities Director, at RBoyd@carriagehill-rehab.com or call 540-785-1119 to get started.